Monday, July 5, 2021

Day Off Monday

Considering I spent all of yesterday injured, I appreciated that I had the day off today, even if I really couldn't do much. Or more accurately, didn't feel like doing much. I felt much better than I did yesterday, although it was still painful to contort my body in certain directions and merely lifting myself out of bed was without pain was challenging. I felt good enough that continuing my streak of 15000 steps is very much do-able. Heck I was simply glad that I finished the week's stats as if there hadn't been a blip unlike early summer last year when leg soreness kept me from doing even 10,000 steps a couple of times that week.  It IS the lowest number of steps I've recorded on any given week since January but I'm not wiggin' about that. Hey, it's not like I'm hurting when I walk. It's when I cough or sneeze is when I double over in pain. Funny how such mundane actions actually are controlled by muscles and ligaments we take for granted.  And just thinking about the process, and seeing this video of a person who went through a NDE (Near Death Experience) and got a much better appreciation for his physical body and how amazing it really is among other things, well that made me appreciate my own physicality too. It only takes one day to not be able to do the things you do physically that you've gotten used to <in my case, playing golf> that you remember to appreciate it. And so this morning I started to walk to the other building across the street, figured I'd do so for about 10 minutes. And I ended up walking all the way to the end of the building. And since I was already at McDonald's I decided to keep going to Ralphs to get some fried chicken for lunch. That's because it was already 11 AM when I finally got myself going. Which is when I took the pic I posted here. And THAT snapped me back to normalcy. I got the chicken, went home, took a shower and enjoyed the nice walk in fact. It was like most Mondays... except of course I didn't have to work today. Actually I did put some time in. Did payroll timesheets. Download the usual data I do on Mondays. I mean, if I do those things today, then I won't have to do them tomorrow and hassle about it won't I?
I also knew Johnnie was scheduled for a swimming lesson this afternoon though I never really heard from Lisa. I mean do I really expect to? Whatever they did yesterday for the 4th I'm sure she is either recovering or bugging from it. I decided to walk to the pool at 3 PM and sure enough there was Stacey waiting for them. I was the one that ended up calling Lisa to let her know she was here. And then when they came, I learned about the latest thing Lisa is bugging about. This time, the dog apparently has started to bleed as part of her cycle. I mean W-h-a-t? I thought we had a puppy. Only when I would read later would I realize this was normal. But apparently the little droplets of blood has bothered Lisa because she had done it on Lisa's sheets, her bed, her carpet, etc etc. Well of course she is bothered by it LOL. I guess it would bother me too. So Lisa bought her a diaper with pads and everything. I mean am I really walking with this dog in diaper pads?? I walked her to my house because I have a neighbor at the pool that said something about the dog not being allowed in the pool. And so it only takes one and I decided better to just not make trouble. Johnnie at least got through his lesson and for the first time, learned to simply swim in the bottom of the pool to get something we dropped in there. I felt like getting in the pool too it was so warm out. But I was still actually hurting on my side so no go for that. I went on home after the lesson and then picked up Johnnie and the dog a couple of hours later for the usual Monday hand-off. I didn't stick around long this time, Lisa had that nervous energy going on where the littlest anything could rattle her and I was not sticking around for that. Better to just pick up my El Pollo Loco burrito and have dinner at home with Johnnie. Apparently they had spent the 4th at Balwan and Sharon's and even spent the night. And it was clear that Johnnie was tired. And so he wolfed down his noodles and then just laid on the couch and asked me to hang there with him. No matter what, when he lays his head on my lap he is just my little boy, my Little Bug. And no I did NOT miss spending time with Johnnie and Lisa. I missed spending time with just Johnnie. And I became aware I won't be seeing him for 3 weeks after next week. It's ok. It'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment