Thursday, July 15, 2021

Last Full Day Until Johnnie is Off to Maui

I'm clearly still in an emotional mood this morning. I knew this as soon as I woke up and turned to see Johnnie still sleeping in the bed and I just gently touched his forehead before I got up to take the dog out to poop and pee. It may have woke Johnnie up though because when I got back he was already up and it wasn't even 7 AM yet. Of course we did the morning routine... McDonald's breakfast, the dog patiently watching. She doesn't even make a motion to leave her spot when we take off either. I think she knows by now I'm dropping Johnnie off and coming right back. It would be the last time I'm doing that this month. I didn't stop to shoot baskets this morning. I already did my 280 active minutes as of last night. The earliest I had gotten to that point ever. Did it in 3 days. And that was my goal for the week! I've done 100+ active minutes for 3 straight days in fact.  By the time I got through with my morning, which was literally just team meetings back-to-back, first with my IS Team then the EHR team, it was already noon. It was already lunchtime. I felt pretty good about the last meeting though. I felt bad for those guys on the EHR team. They sounded like they've been beat up on for a bit and no one was defending them. That would be my job I think. And I told them I was serious about doing just that. Anyway I barbecued some wafer thin pork steaks for lunch. If there is something I'm already remembering about this summer it is how often I used that barbecue for lunch. At least once a week. And then of course the other thing I'm already remembering about this summer is picking up Johnnie at camp. He had his usual gallery of stuff he made at camp today (look at the pic below with an airplane he made... he and I actually finished it together). How cool is that! Today would be it for summer camp until the very last week. I couldn't help but think I had already made it through the summer season with him and I think he had a fun 5 weeks. Certainly a better experience for him than the summer before TK that's for sure. He's still affected by certain songs he hears that I would play when I picked him up during that time period. <Wait for Me by Hall and Oates for one> He doesn't want to hear them now because it makes him sad again he says. Awww. My son has a sentimental side. That's good. So Lisa called ahead and she had to do errands, including returning her RENT-A-CAR and her mom was over so her idea was to pack tonight and then I would just bring Johnnie over in the morning. I thought it was a SOUND idea considering we had spent MANY MANY pre-travel nights with Lisa just bugging because she was packing. She would stay up until the wee hours of the morning. It was not one of my good memories of her. I told her to tell Johnnie though and to my surprise it was Johnnie that was disappointed at that. And he wanted to go to her mom's house tonight. I had him so ingrained with routine that by hook or by crook, it is his time to go back to mom's house tonight and that was exactly what he was going to do. And of course Lisa said it was ok. I would just be coming over at 8 AM tomorrow morning to pick them up and drop them off at LAX. Hey at least I got time to clean up a part of the house. I did the kitchen, scrubbed the floors and did the living room too. I hadn't cleaned in more than 3 weeks. At least it looked pretty damn clean again. And so it was that today was the last full day of Johnnie before he left for Maui. I know he's going to have a good time. I hope I don't miss him too much...


No comments:

Post a Comment