Saturday, July 31, 2021

Tank Saturday

So it did occur to me that Johnnie and Lisa do come back next week so this would be my last Saturday that I get to myself. I also note that it is the last day of July and that summer is now starting its last month until Labor Day. I told myself I'd get something done in the 3 weeks that I have a respite from having Johnnie around. I wanted to really get going with all the activity required to be in a position to retire by the end of the year. That means making sure I have an income stream. A VIABLE income stream. No dicking around with stock market investing like I did when I left USC Dentistry the summer of 2006. I didn't really have a viable plan then but then again I didn't really have a sense of urgency either.  I was just meandering lazily falling in love LOL. And I could never regret the best time in my life actually. So now I get to try it again only this time, I get another chance to do it right. And what do I have to do differently? To put something in motion. Back then I focused on learning and learning but I never really did anything. Not really. I feel like that's where I am today but I have FAR MORE RESOURCES now than I did back then. Everything is on YouTube or TikTok. First I have to consolidate my money buckets and then actually go trade. That is where the FEAR stuff kicks in. I also have to make sure I deal with THAT fear. Because I realize now that THAT FEAR is pretty fundamental and dates back way WAY back to much earlier times. And so knowing I have really just a week left... not that I couldn't do this when Johnnie is around but I need to have a systematic process and a plan so I don't get derailed like last time. And so I looked at all my accounts and decided what I would need to consolidate. I need to kickstart checking in to QYLD or other high dividend investment and do it for real, at least on a real account to see how it works. I also need to learn how to actually trade options because I want to learn how. And so I never did leave the house this morning, not even for breakfast. I had no desire to go to Lisa's and really all I left the house for was to go get lunch at Panda Express. I figured it had been almost TWO WHOLE WEEKS that I hadn't been inside a Panda Express and today I felt like having some for myself. Got myself a teriyaki chicken bowl. [And while there I decided to test my manifesting skills. I thought about getting a parking spot right in the area where I usually get to park. Not upstairs, not downstairs. True enough a car backed out just as soon as I got to its parking spot. See? No problem with manifestation!!!]  It was another typical sunny Saturday day out and at least I got to experience that as well. It was not lost on me that typically I'd have Johnnie for today but then again I did get a surprise call from him later on in the afternoon. I hadn't heard from him in a few days and that was ok. I figured he was simply having fun. It's no different than when I have him for the week on any given week. Typically we don't bother to call Lisa until it's hand-off night. I was ok with that. But look at Claire looking at the screen with Johnnie on it LOL. I think maybe SHE misses him. I hope she doesn't pee in my car next week when I pick them up. Anyway it was nice getting to talk to him today. Lisa said he talked about how he missed Claire. I know he missed me too. And so with that bit of interrupt for the afternoon, I went back to learning about options and dividends. I also had a lot of tax learning to do as I realize now that when I decide to stop working, that's when my assets have to work for me now in addition to providing me with income. I think I have enough, but I don't want to barely do that. I want to have PLENTY OF ROOM and not have to worry about money ever. Still the fact that I have amassed almost $900K... almost $1M is already a nice accomplishment. Certainly above the amount the majority of Americans have saved up. I think I installed $1.1M as the point where I can seriously retire although really if I do prove that I can generate 12% returns I should have enough now. Therein lies the rub isn't it? And so the plan is to put my 401K money from both QueensCare and TIAA-CREF together in a self-directed IRA. Right now my IRA money accounts for $804K. Now to work on the options investing for the savings I do have. That too already comes up to $69K. I should CERTAINLY do something with that.  Practice practice practice. Now is the time. Let's see where we are at the end of September. Ideally, I have $135K in the savings account so I can live off that for a year and then I can start withdrawing dividends from $1.1M in the IRA account. I started to look at healthcare too. So much to organize and plan.  I'm serious about this but I'm not telling anyone just yet. I did tell some of my staff yesterday that I'm already there. In a sense I already am. I already have enough saved up for a year's expenses. And now I simply want to activate my own economic engine that I already have. And once I have my expenses covered, I can work on buying my condo... Unless the Universe gives me that one first LOL. I'm all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment