Monday, July 19, 2021

Gonna Be A busy Week

So right off the bat I thought about the upcoming work week and realized it's going to be a busy one. It's Tech Council Meeting week after all and I haven't even started anything yet. And then the performance evals are due for my entire team(s) by Friday. And then of course it's HRSA report day today and I'm pinch-hitting for Emma. Maybe it's a good thing it's busy though. The less I have to think about Johnnie not being around all week. Still it's sobering to wake up to the dog pooping all over my kitchen. AGAIN. It's still my fault for feeding her different food last Saturday. She's just about recovering. At least her poop is a little harder. Still soft, but I think by the end of the day she'll be back to normal. Hopefully. I also thought about all the investment stuff and retirement stuff that has now taken over a lot of my attention. All this money I have sitting on the sidelines. I gotta get my money working for me. And I think I still need to work through a couple of subconscious blocks. There's still a fear of loss... a fear of not having enough that I need to clear. Hence the symbolic picture of mentally getting past a wall. Still as routine goes, I got up, cleaned up the dog poop and then got on with Monday routine. That would be the walk first thing in the morning of course. No reason not to go for 15000 steps now although from all indications, I probably did the most steps in the last week than I ever have. To the tune of 88000+ steps. WOW! That's the product of not one but TWO 15000+ steps days. And I'm not feeling sore or anything like that. I felt like I overdid it some last year. Not this time. Besides it's supposed to be a scorcher today. Better get in as much as I can before lunchtime. Already at just 8 AM I was starting to sweat not even 5 minutes into the walk. At least I didn't have any meetings today. I needed to get to work. First things first, that HRSA report. Unfortunately, it took longer than I thought.  It would take me a good couple of hours in the afternoon to get it all done. At least I had a nice steak burrito bowl from Chipotle. That is just about what I'd expect if I were just being a stay-at-home dad isn't it? Just pick up lunch here and there. Today I felt like getting Chipotle today. I remember last year when Johnnie and I would bike or scooter to Whole Foods and get a pizza or something. I wonder if he's having fun? Dumb question. Actually, Lisa would call later on in the early evening to say hello, just as they got done doing their afternoon activity. Today it was fishing. The boys Makehinu and Kavena ar much bigger now. But then again so is Johnnie. I caught a glimpse of him getting into the shower... I guess they were at the pond right behind the golf course we used to go to. They had good sandwiches and hamburgers there I remember. And even though we were there just a few times, they would remember us. I didn't really expect to hear from Johnnie much this trip. I am pretty sure he would be having a good time and maybe he would write something down or draw something for me the way he does for his mom during the week when he is with me. Still, they called right around the time I would be picking him up at Lisa's house for Monday hand-off. Don't tell me I am not thinking of him. I have the dog but with all the pooping going on in the last couple of days it has been more of a nuisance so far. Fortunately, his poop was much harder in the afternoon. That's because he started eating what he used to eat before. Goes to show how much I know trying to give her something different. Serves me right. And so it was that I got my report done... and a little after that I got started with my Tech Council presentation. AND even got some of the performance evals I'm on the hook for on Friday. It was a really good start to the week and I felt very productive.  I will admit it was strange going to bed alone on a Monday night with no Johnnie. I didn't have to make him milk or even before that I didn't have to make pasta for him today for his chicken noodle soup. All i did eat was my leftover beef stew from last night. Awww... I do miss my Little Bug don't I....

No comments:

Post a Comment