Wednesday, July 7, 2021

The Town Hall Experience

So this morning is Town Hall Wednesday, which meant that I had to have spent some time last night going over cues, going over what I'm going to say, going over the presentations and what not. I will admit to being a tad anxious only because the last 2 townhalls were fraught with technical issues. I can't go strike 3 and you're out this morning. And so I had to make sure the pre-townhall check at 8:15 went well and everyone was ready to go. In order to do that I had to drop Johnnie off at Penmar camp by 8 AM, a half hour earlier than usual just so I could get back to the town hall in plenty of time. I didn't even have time for breakfast really, I'm just going to have to shove something in my mouth later on. As it was, there turned out to be no technical issues today. The transitions from one presenter to the next however, was not good. And I was in control of all of that. Someone even mentioned that I had cussed under my breath. Probably because I couldn't find the cued benediction damn it! What happened? My play cue got discom bobulated is what happened. I had to go from live to video back to live and I just simply got the cue out of the right order. Screwed me up for the rest of the presentation. oh well... at least the presentations went just fine. And after it all, I still had 15 minutes to grab a quick bite before starting my next meeting, which was with the Data Analysts. By 10 AM, I felt like I was already done with the day. So much so that I actually watched this week's episode of Loki on Disney Channel at lunchtime. No sense waiting until tonight, I wanted to catch up on sleep after all. I still had a lot of discomfort moving about in the bed at night, and still a bit of pain actually getting out of bed but hopefully it will only be for the next couple of days and I'll be back to normal by the weekend. I still had plenty of energy to get my steps in... and I was already at 6000 steps by the time I picked up Johnnie at camp. I camp a little later too, just to let him catch a snack with his pals at the camp. There they were sitting under the tent eating potato chips when I picked him up. It was all good. And when we got home, there he was going at it with Claire the dog. Just another Wednesday said I. 
As far as the rest of the day, Johnnie had his usual late lunch and then we headed off to Panda Express to pick up his dinner at 5:30 PM. That's when Johnnie's world stopped for a bit. On the way back from Westwood, he fell asleep in the back of the car. I thought to myself how am I ever going to get Johnnie - a much bigger and heavier Johnnie from when he was a toddler might I add - plus Claire the dog AND his takeout food up to the apartment in one trip. The answer is I don't. I wasn't going to wake him up poor thing. I parked in front of the apartment and took everyone and everything in one at a time. First Claire, then Johnnie, then the food. And that's where Johnnie was from 6 to almost 8 PM, sleeping on the couch. It gave me time to cook MY dinner and also play on the computer for a bit, at least without having to feel guilty that I'm not sitting with him while he was doing his thing. Look at the picture of him sleeping... he hadn't done that in a while. I remember when he would do it a lot more often when he was younger. Heck I would take him to the Century City mall to get some dinner and he would fall asleep right as I was carrying him. No more carrying him these days.  When he woke up, he walked into the bedroom where I was on the computer and declared that he was hungry with a big yawn. I thought maybe it was because I let him sleep later last night, and that he had played hard with his friends. Maybe a combination of both actually. Who cares... all I know is that at least he got some rest and that he got a full dinner in afterwards. As did I really... spaghetti and meat sauce. In the meantime, I had given Claire her bath while Johnnie was asleep and although she was pretty calm while in the bathtub, getting her out really wet was a different story. She kept shaking herself to dry off and I noticed that not only had she gotten bigger, she had also gotten a lot hairier. Which meant that it took longer for her to dry off. What i ended up doing was sitting her on my lap while I was on the computer and pointed the fan right in her face. Yep, I air-dryed her. And so it was that I would catch up on sleep too. yeah I still snuck off outside when i woke up at 1 AM, slept the rest of the time on the couch. Don't know why really, just so I could play some binaural beats on the TV to sleep to I guess.  Hey at least the week is half over already and it has already wound down as far as I was concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment