Saturday, July 3, 2021

Saturday Chillaxing

I didn't have to be at Lisa's to pick up Johnnie until 9 AM today, what with her having her piano lesson at 10:30. I figured I would get breakfast for myself because who knows what mom and son do the day after Lisa knocks off from a hard day at work yesterday. I went and got me a ham and cheese croissant from Primo's Donuts right down the street. Hey, I get a nice small walk in, I get some breakfast and got 2 croissants for Lisa and Johnnie to boot. If they don't eat it this morning then they already have breakfast for tomorrow. And when I got there, true enough mom and son had just gotten done with their showers and breakfast was nowhere near ready. Isn't it lucky I brought their breakfast then huh? And so because Lisa had an early piano class, Johnnie and I took off too and we went to Target Westwood. The number one thing I've been needing to buy was puppy food for Claire and OBTW Lisa needed a bag too. AND I needed to buy something red for a birthday present as it would seem mom and son have a birthday party to go to this afternoon. Target had everything I needed to buy today. And on the way home I thought we'd drive by the Lindbrook building. I stopped and made Johnnie stand in the front so I could take a picture of him. I always feel sentimental driving by our old apartment. Its hard to believe Johnnie was not even 2 years old when we moved out and moved to Maplewood. I still can't help thinking that had we stayed at Lindbrook our marriage might have survived. But then again that is a moot point isn't it? I mean look at the pic, Johnnie is so much bigger now though still my loveable little boy. At breakfast this morning Lisa was telling me that he always says he wishes I was still living at the Maplewood house because he misses me when I'm not there. And then there she went asking again if I miss them. Well of course I miss them. I don't know why I have to tell Lisa that our divorce has consequences that last forever emotionally and otherwise. And Johnnie has no such emotional black holes. In fact, if there is one thing that is sure to light myself up it is simply thinking about his antics. Tony Robbins says all you have to do each day is to stack up the good. Pretty easy to feel good when I'm stacking Johnnie memories. Another reason for taking a picture at Lindbrook. Anyway by the time we went home it was already 10:30. And since we had to be back right after lunch Johnnie and I went to an early one at Panda Express Westwood. Not quite so busy in town today. I guess everyone had left town for the 4th of July.
Anyway I dropped Johnnie off at 12:30 and off I went to run my errands. And then I was hoping to catch a nap to chill out the rest of the day. I had no intention of doing much actually. I was happy to binge watch something. And for some reason I ended up choosing WolfBlood, which is the British version of Teen Wolf. Mind you I was a huge fan of Teen Wolf, especially the first couple of seasons and I was all in on the young love parts of it. And I think that was the part that captivated me about this one too... the story of Rhydian and Maddy. There were some cheesy parts to be sure... especially when they start focusing on what teenagers do. And I have to remind myself I'm watching a GenX series about teenagers in high school. But the plotlines were good. So much so I binge watched from 2 PM all the way well past midnight. 3 Seasons in all, only stopping to pick up some Thai food for dinner at Ekkamai Thai and then finishing off my steps. Needless to say watching past midnight was not the plan, especially with golf at Eaton Canyon tomorrow morning.  But then again neither was the sharp pain that I suddenly felt on my lower back rib area. Immediately I knew it had something to do with my fall last Tuesday, even though here we are on Saturday a full 5 days after the event. Is that even possible? To suffer a fall on one day and suffer the effects many days later? And it was no small pain either which was even more perplexing. Talk about a delayed onset. I guess what that means is I suffered an injury more to the soft tissue around the lower ribcage area in the back. I don't think I broke a rib or any other bone or anything like that. I am pretty sure there is some ligament and muscular tissue damage however, otherwise it wouldn't be hurting just to move. And especially with spasm like contractions like a cough or a sneeze. That is when it hurts the most. I'm wondering now whether it's because I sat on my ass on the couch for so many hours this afternoon?! I mean I was moving around mostly all morning and I didn't feel a thing.  And now I can barely lay on the couch without feeling some pain. It hurt so much that I actually wondered whether I was going to be able to play golf tomorrow. Certainly I am hampered and my range of motion is not 100%. WE will have to see how I feel in the morning. In the meantime it hurt enough where I had problems sleeping. This isn't good. This isn't good at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment