Thursday, July 22, 2021

Throwaway Day 2021 version

So I woke up this morning, and with no Johnnie in the house I figured I'd get to focus stuff I wouldn't be able to if her were around, that's how much attention he commands. But then again after breathing out from that easy Tech Council Meeting yesterday I had one more work-related project to finish. That would be the 5 Performance Evaluations I needed to finish by tomorrow. Plenty of time I told myself. No need for urgency at all I said. If I were still working at the FRB, today would usually be HIT Roundtable meeting Thursday which meant I would hang out until noon, walk to CCALAC do the 2 hour meeting and then chill the rest of the day. It's a throwaway day. How many times would I go to Macy's after the CCALAC meeting and browse clothes and then take my time walking back to FRB? Of course, working from home made today very different. I actually did get started with the performance evaluations but I only did the scores. I still needed to write up the narratives. And that is what takes time. Of course I still get stuck watching YouTube videos and these days, I'm consuming whatever I can about retirement and investment. After all I'm already up to nearly $900K in investable assets. The goal now is to prepare for retirement AND to line up and lock in my investment strategies. With a year's worth of savings and potentially enough to live off of dividends the rest of my life. The fact that I've gotten here already is HUGE CAUSE to BE TREMENDOUSLY GRATEFUL. Considering that is already less than 10% of all Americans. AND my car is now mine and fully paid for. I posted the title to it since it came in the mail today. ANOTHER HUGE THING TO BE THANKFUL FOR. That would be the 2nd time in my life I have owned my own vehicle outright. Damn I miss that Acura. It would still be running today if that darn Sandra didn't wreck it. But what about the picture above it? That would be me walking home after getting my lunch at Ralphs. I got myself one of those sweet tomato basil soups reminiscent of the soup from Champagne back in the day. I wonder why I miss that place so much? Lots of lunches there after golf at Penmar on many a summer Sunday to be sure. And that was pre-Johnnie LOL. Now of course it is closed as it has been for a while. I also got myself some fried chicken... since I didn't want to cook anything. Hey for $3, it is a DEAL. So instead of the CCALAC meeting, it's eating fried chicken and watching whatever nonsensical thing is going on in the world. Such as people still not getting vaccinated. Unbelievable that the numbers are pretty black and white... Everyone that is still catching COVID is unvaccinated. Sure there are cases among those that are, but they are either symptomatic or at worst showing mild symptoms. Anyway you can only shake your head at the idiocy of some people. Same idiocy I'm trying to build some patience for. Maybe it's about being ok that some people do STUPID STUPID things. And that you find some compassion for them anyway. Anyway lunch was followed with a nap for almost an hour. It registered only 22 minutes on Fitbit but hey a mid-day nap is ALWAYS good. The rest of the day just sort of went quietly. I did get half my performance evals done. And with no Johnnie hand-off tonight, it was pretty uneventful. Boring even. Hey what do you want for a throwaway day??

No comments:

Post a Comment