Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Lazy Tuesday

I hadn't felt this unmotivated getting up in the morning and getting going in a long time. Perhaps that's what happens when Johnnie is around and I am forced to do the get up and take him to school/ camp/ somewhere routine first thing in the morning. I mention it to underscore the importance of said routine and also the danger of not following one, and the possibility of this happening when I am no longer obligated with job tasks. Already I see the number of showers I take in the morning to less than a daily thing, not that THAT is bad necessarily. At the same time it IS all about balance. Feeling lazy and unmotivated today isn't such a terrible thing either. It means I have to be a little more intentional with finding things that motivate me. I mean today marks the halfway point in the Lisa/Johnnie getaway vacation and I really hadn't done anything different have I? I forced myself to look at the Dividend portfolio this one YouTuber posted which was giving him more than $60K income from a less than $700K portfolio. He's getting more than 10% which is a really good return already. But his portfolio is mostly Canadian stocks (he's from Canada). I will feel much MUCH better doing my lazy thing once I really engage my money to work for me. THAT is the key isn't it? More on that later to be sure. But today I was even too lazy to get going with my steps stuff. I don't think it's a bad thing. I think we just all got used to doing way too much. Even working from home started to mean you're actually working MORE. If you're like me there's a guilt component there too. Yeah yeah it's nice that i can walk Claire a couple of times during the day in the middle of the day. But I think I was working far less when i was going into the office. Isn't THAT a hoot?! And so me just chilling on the couch at mid-day binge-watching on Virgin River is not something I apologize for. Not.at.all.
To be clear I did make it out of the house for lunch. I just ate some leftover penne pasta and Italian sausage and then to force myself out, I walked to McDonald's and grabbed a filet-of-fish sandwich. Turned out to be a beautiful day out, not the Wailuku-style cloudy almost drizzly day all day yesterday. THAT I think was an anomaly. Today it was back to being summer again but without the high heat. Nice and breezy in fact. More like spring. So much so I had to take a picture when I took a walk outside. And just so it can't be said that I didn't do anything today, in fact I did have my IS team meeting this morning which lasted an entire HOUR! Far longer than it usually lasts. But after I wolfed down my 2nd lunch, I did retire to the couch and resumed my lazy day. I even managed to close my eyes and get a quick nap in. A good 25 minutes early in the afternoon. THAT'S what I'm talking about. I ran out of Virgin River episodes to binge on too. I'm now awaiting on the next season I suppose. Or waiting on the next Marvel biggie... but supposedly that's way later on in the year. Still since I had a late start on doing my steps I made up in the afternoon, and did ONE more long walk and one more little one after that with the dog. And then I started binging on investing videos on YouTube. Gotta learn gotta learn gotta learn. Gotta verify pieces of my plan. Tax implications. Expense quotes. Work to do. And then there's all the energy medicine stuff. Gotta learn gotta learn gotta learn. Work to do. So no I didn't really end up watching regular TV tonight though I did try to sneak in peeks at the Dodgers-Giants score and the 2021 Olympics. Still in the middle of the gymnastics and swim events. Still pretty cool. And yeah I did end up going to bed early. That's because I gorged on spaghetti and sweet Italian sausage meatballs. Swapped a couple of quick texts with Lisa. Hard to believe it's already mid-week. Or is it... It's only still mid-week?? LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment