Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Work work Work

So today Tuesday before Tech Council meeting day, I'm usually busy working on my presentation. And indeed I was. Except for a little side trip to Lisa's house first thing in the morning around 8-ish which would usually be the time I would be dropping Johnnie off at Penmar camp anyway. I made sure the turtles were fed and brought in the trash bins from yesterday. Courtney texted me letting me know she wouldn't be around Lisa's house at all today and tomorrow morning so I had to pinch hit. If it was just about feeding the creatures in her house, well I already have the primary creature (Claire) and I was relieved to see from her poop this morning that she has already recovered from whatever gave her diarrhea this past weekend. She seemed a bit down yesterday too, maybe because of the stomach stuff and maybe also a bit about Johnnie not being around like usual. But today she was back to her bouncy self. And she followed me around the house all day actually, even when I took breaks from the computer to do some aerobics and move my body around. THAT became necessary when I blew out my office chair leaning back so far I guess that the back rest completely broke off. Great. Now I really have to buy a new chair which I had been thinking about doing anyway. I wonder what the Universe was trying to tell me? Get a new chair that's what. Get a comfortable one while you're at it. LOL. The rest of Tuesday was like usual... I mean it's not like Johnnie is around for the bulk of the day anyway. I did spend some time making me a new image cycling video but with an audio track of me talking about those things I want AND an alpha frequency track in the background to boot. We'll see if that has any effect at all. The good thing was that I actually got done with my presentation before 5 PM. Likely a by-product of not having to stop what I was doing and pick up Johnnie from camp. And then feed him and make sure he was doing ok. Still I do miss his interruptions. I didn't mind those at all. In fact, those helped keep me from driving myself nuts. And with no backrest on my chair, for sure it would have kept me from sitting around for too long. I did take a break anyway because I needed to go to Lisa's late in the afternoon, early evening to feed the creatures again. This time, that included Blue the gecko. I had already done this before one time when they were gone for the weekend. At least there were enough crickets. I coated those things in calcium so they were all white. And then I fed the turtles. Then the fish. And then I spent 15 minutes doing steps in the backyard. Look at me sitting around relaxing. I posted a pic of all the stuff in Johnnie's bedroom too, if only to remind me that the dreamcatcher actually was in my apartment first. Anyway I took pics in case later on I would need to furnish proof that I fed the creatures LOL. And by the time I went back to the apartment, I had already done 9000 steps. I wonder why I didn't do this when I lived here? <Because Lisa was usually a pain in the ass that's why... oops did I say that??>. It had turned into a nice afternoon after what turned out to be a normal hot July day. I thought about past July time periods and what I'd be doing right about now? When I was working at USC, I'd be running around the campus. More running, less power walking then. At USC Stevens Transamerica building, I would be shooting hoops at the indoor gym. I do miss going out to eat with my sets of co-workers around this time of year. It IS different cooking and eating my yakisoba noodles for lunch with only Claire to keep me company. Anyway I went home and made a pit stop at El Pollo Loco to pick up my dinner. I did not feel like cooking tonight. And then I had to watch the Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA title over the Phoenix Sun. It was barely 9 months ago I was watching the Lakers do the same. I dare say they might have and probably would have won over Milwaukee if they were injury-free. But woulda coulda doesn't count. I spent the rest of the evening finishing up my Agenda and Minutes for tomorrow. So no staying up late tonight. I even did all the backlog of expense reports my predecessor didn't approve for the EHR team. I'm all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment