Friday, July 9, 2021

Friday Feels Like Saturday

So even though it is a Friday and usually I'm heading towards tanking today as I do every Friday, it wasn't going to be today. In fact I already knew I was going to spend much of the day working. I had to have Shilpa's 90 day review done which has been overdue for more than a month, I had to finish the quarterly report for the Board for IS AND I had to have my first team meeting with my new team - the EHR support team which I should have done LAST Friday. Not to mention I had all these other errands. I had to drop off the bad Pixel to FEDEX with all the Google stuff I needed to print out, I had to do my DMV registration that I sat on because I was thinking I had paid it already when I took title, but now I'm not sure. Not to mention I'm not done configuring the NEW Pixel. Errands errands errands. To-do's to-do's to-do's. At least I didn't have Johnnie and the dog to deal with this morning. Not that I bought myself extra sleep time. I woke up at 6 AM on the dot to do my golf reservations for next next Sunday and I noted this was already the time I'm usually taking Claire out to poop and pee first thing in the morning. And although I didn't have to drive Johnnie to camp this morning, one look at the dining room table and all of Johnnie's "stuff" that he had left behind... his mask, the toy straw plane he made for me, the doggie delights recipe book and I had to smile. Dare I say I miss my Little Bug already and I had just handed him off last night. Ok so I'm not tanking today, it still felt like I was moving in slow motion all morning.  I never did take a shower nor did I even get out of the shorts I was using for pajamas. I did get one domino to fall on the task list and that was Shilpa's review. Turned out it was a simple meets expectations - doesn't meet expectations kind of review. I got it done in 5 minutes. I mean she DOES meet all expectations and then some. In fact, though I think I'm being hard on her sometimes, she just rolls with me and that is a good thing. For me anyway. It means she can hang. I called her immediately and discussed the review, which took another 10 minutes. I felt bad I let him slide for all this time. I could have gotten it over with a month ago. But now I have the other staff reviews due next week. That's the real work...  
Still i got real busy this afternoon and it felt like I went bam-bam-bam. Finished my report, did my EHR Team Meeting which went over a half hour after I hyped them that my meetings NEVER go beyond a half hour. And then I took care of the Pixel return. That meant 2 trips actually... one to Staples to print out the label, then to the FEDEx drop box a few blocks away.  I pronounced myself done for the week although there were still tugs from work at the end of the day. Dr Liao bugging about why the numbers don't match with Covid vaccines between Azara and my spreadsheet. I felt like telling him, stop overthinking it just take the report I give you dammit!  Fucking pest. Oh yeah I was so done with work. I make a note that my RHR (resting heart rate) had actually dipped down to 68 today after being stuck between 70 and 72 for a good part of 3 weeks. It means either my body was working something out (oh gee... how about bruised ribs) or my emotional body was working something out. And I guess in both cases, they got worked out as I am finally moving out of the bed without discomfort again. And so I pronounced myself ready for the weekend and I greeted it with the latest movie in the Marvel Cineverse: Black Widow with ScarJo. I got myself some Mediterranean food from Tut's on Washington...some great kofta kabob and enjoyed the movie. It was not lost on me that it wasn't so long ago that I would do the same... spend my Friday night watching a movie enjoying a nice meal. OR I probably would have watched it at the Regal downtown during lunch and would have taken a long one (lunch that is). Except these days I don't have to go to AMC anywhere. I just stay home and eat takeout. I look at it like... I just spent the better part of the week looking after Johnnie and the dog and this would constitute my ME time in fact. And I did enjoy the movie actually even though it was one more piece in the Marvel timeline, with a reveal in the end credits about the next movie. It might not have been a typical Tank Friday but I got done what I set out to get done and now I'm ready for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment