Thursday, July 8, 2021

A Thursday in Early July

I realized this morning when I dropped Johnnie off at camp that after next week he will be in Hawaii for a bit. We hadn't talked about whether Johnnie was going to go that last week of vacation before school started, so next week could very well be his last week at camp. But that's next week. Today is still Thursday and since the basketball was in the car, I took it out to shoot hops after I checked Johnnie in. I felt good that there was no discomfort at all. Sore ribcage or not, I still made 6 shots in a row at one point. My mid-range is still awesome. Beyond that, I couldn't make anything from the 3 point line though. Still it was good to be already at 280 active minutes for the week (which is always the goal) with the full day still to spare. And still only Thursday too. On the way back I felt a little dehydrated and so I made a pitstop at CVS on Centinela at Mitsuwa Market. I find myself buying a small mango shake and applesauce of all things. WHY applesauce you may ask? Because Johnnie has it in his mind that he wants to make dog biscuits from scratch. And his recipe included applesauce. Johnnie is relentless once he gets it in his mind that he wants to do something. A very good quality that will serve him well later on I think. And here I am picking it up for him. And then going on home for what seemed like a quiet Thursday. Actually I'm behind on a few things. I have Shilpa's 90-day review to do, I have quarterly reports to finish, then of course there's this  consolidation I need to do with my accounts, but can't do that until my replacement Pixel 4a comes... which is supposed to be today. 

I picked up Johnnie in the afternoon and saw him playing with a whole bunch of kids. It's all you could ask of camp. At least he's having fun. His shirt was dirty and he was sweating. He had a fund day. And so having assured myself that he got his exercise in, I made Johnnie watch a math video today. Adding and subtracting double digits. It is second grade math to be sure. And he did fine considering he is yet to enter first grade. He solved all the equations I threw at him with his little number circles. I remembered last year when I would lose patience with him and get irritated. I told myself NOT to do that anymore. All I want him to do is keep trying. He has a confidence about him that later on some people will call smug. Arrogant even. But hey, someone I know used to be like that. ME. He was a gamer though. Although i do admit to bribing him with an ice cream sandwich to get him through the exercises. I wonder if he eats as much as he does at Lisa's house as in mine? I mean he eats A LOT as far as I'm concerned and I am not complaining one bit. He's such a skinny stick, I don't mind him eating and eating and eating some more. Look at the pic of him eating. Nothing like a satisfied little kid with ice cream. So tonight I had him for a while longer than usual. Lisa supposedly had an MRI procedure done and so she didn't come by until it was almost 8 PM. That's ok Johnnie and I were just chillaxing. As soon as he left though I noticed there was a far bigger mess left in the apartment than usual. Including Claire's blood spots on the floor. But other than doing a general sweeping of the floors i was not in the mood to do a big clean-up. Not tonight anyway. I just crashed on the couch and kept watching Wolf Blood again. What it is about that show that has somehow captured my interest yet again. Is it the wolves? Superhuman abilities? Or the love story between Rhydian and Maddy. I mean I AM a sucker for a love story. Anyway I almost didn't leave the couch for the rest of the evening as I found myself falling asleep. I woke up to the thought that I had all these things I wanted to do today and I didn't do not a one. Oh well, there's tomorrow right? At least my replacement Pixel came. And now I get to set it up from scratch all over again...

No comments:

Post a Comment