Saturday, July 24, 2021

A Typical Saturday... Or Not

So usually Saturday means I'm at Lisa's house early, either picking up Johnnie because she's working, or picking up Johnnie because she has piano lessons. Mom and son being in Hawaii however meant I didn't even have to be at Lisa's at all today. But since I did want to do some of my laundry - Claire's towels really, the ones that had a little dog poop on them since a week ago - you would find me at her house anyway. Of course I had breakfast at my apartment first before heading over.  Claire bounded to the backyard as soon as we got there. She must be missing it big time. When I stepped in I almost didn't recognize the dining area. There was Courtney stuff all over the table and Courtney stuff on the floor. AND Courtney stuff in both washer and dryer. Oh well, I treated the stuff like I was at the laundromat. Moved her stuff out of the washer, did my wash, then moved her stuff out of the dryer and dried my stuff LOL. Unlike last week, I didn't stick around all that long, just before lunchtime. Mission accomplished for the washload. I gave Claire just enough time to run around and play and frolick in the backyard for a bit. And then off we went back to the apartment. I had stuff to do. Ok one BIG thing to do and that was to get a haircut. Just a haircut you might say but for the next couple of more weeks, I feel sensitive to leaving Claire alone for more than an hour. I reminded myself that she did just fine when I took off to play golf last Sunday, which will happen again tomorrow. And so off I went to get me my fresh haircut for the month. And then afterwards I got myself the fish taco and shrimp taco that I wanted to get last night. So this was La Salsa and not Rubio's. It was still pretty darn good. AND I even managed a little nap after the haircut. All in all a pretty nice Saturday already with the big difference of course was not getting Johnnie out to Panda Express for teriyaki chicken. In fact, this would be the first week in a l-o-n-g time that I hadn't gotten to Panda all week long! A record for sure. And to address an obvious question, no I did not actually sit down and do some learning stuff that I intended to do. Yes I've let one week go already and maybe I'm simply getting used to not having Johnnie around all week. I reminded myself that this was entirely for Lisa and that perhaps, these 3 weeks off the grid would finally allow her to work out some stuff physically and emotionally so she could get closer to right in her own mind. And I remind myself that it is a respite for me too, considering I do a lot of work when Johnnie is with me. I do see I have a lot more time to myself when I'm not shuttling Johnnie back and forth to something. The key is what to do with that extra time.  Today I did not do any of the learning stuff I wanted to do. And that's ok. Hey didn't I say last week was going to be such a busy work week? No such urgency for next week. The last thing that I did for today was that I went and did the grocery shopping circuit. First Trader Joe's then Whole Foods then Ralphs. Might as well get it all done today so i don't have to worry about it tomorrow. I got it all done inside of an hour. And I didn't even spend $55. I laughed at that. Used to be that shopping for Lisa and I would cost no more than $35 a week LOL. Of course I used to eat out a lot more. Got my share of nagging for that. Grudgingly I admit that I eat in a lot more now. Even dinner tonight consisted of chicken and mushrooms and green beans from Trader Joe's. Over the leftover rice I had in the fridge from last week. Cost me all of $4.50. I'm turning into Scott. You know what they say about those millionaire next door types. They don't spend a whole lot, almost bare necessities is all. And they don't have money issues. Yep, I have become one of those guys. I am not apologizing for that metamorphosis. Just the latest version of me I suppose LOL. Today felt like a routine Saturday... when I was a bachelor except that I had to walk the dog a few times during the day. I guess I'm trying to learn this new role even if it's just for a couple of more weeks. Lisa sent me a text after I sent her a picture of Claire playing in her backyard... Is Claire ok? How are you doing? Claire is fine. We're both good. That was the response I sent back. And we were. We are just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment