Friday, December 17, 2021

Holiday Cheer and the FRB

I woke up this morning and I already knew it wasn't going to be an ordinary Friday. I only had one meeting today but I also had cleared my schedule this afternoon so I could throw a holiday lunch for my teams. Boy, gone are the days when I only had to deal with a few people about that. Now I actually have 10 people on all 3 teams and I booked a table at El Cholo downtown so we could celebrate. Hey, last year we were in the middle of a surge with no vaccine just yet. This year, though the omicron variant is starting to surge as well, most of us are already fully vaccinated and not really as concerned. The absence of the concern is why we are getting the fastbreak to come back to the office at the FRB. And which is why I am there this morning. I wanted to check out what needed to be moved. I almost forgot how to badge in and get in to the parking lot LOL. It was familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time.  I also needed to get out of my own office and move my stuff to my "new" office which is Gloria's old office at the PAC. No more window <sigh> and I already felt claustrophobic in there. But hey, maybe I won't even have to think about occupying it at all huh? Anyway, taking my stuff down from the old office was really a non-event until I started taking Johnnie's pictures down. I moved into this office I believe in 2016 or 2017 so I had been here for a while. I took a pic of what this would have been on a Friday pre-pandemic with my feet up and everything LOL LOL. Anyway before I knew it, it was already 1 PM and time to walk over to the restaurant which was by the Staples Center. Since Faith had shown up today at the FRB as well I invited her to our holiday lunch. If this was a pre-pandemic Friday for sure we would have gone out somewhere to eat, foodies that both she and I are. Anyway I posted pics from the restaurant. I also had to announce that Kennedy was leaving and so this turned out to be a goodbye party as well.  He still simply wants to get reverted to part-time status, at least until I can find a replacement for him. Knowing our history with Victor, I am not so sure I could pull that one off. We'll see... In the meantime, at least for today we had a good time and we had a great lunch I thought...



As soon as lunch got done, I went back to the FRB simply to pick up my bag and go on home. It was a Friday after all. I would have been real happy to spend Friday night watching the new season of the Witcher but I got a phone call from Johnnie, fresh off his last day of school <see pic> asking if I could come over for dinner. I know Lisa was already tired and simply needed someone to watch him. Which I was very glad to do, even if I had to be at Lisa's house to do it. 

It's ok. I didn't eat all that much. I was still full from lunch <hey if I'm going to drop $400, may as well eat up right?> and I had eaten leftover spaghetti from last night too. As it was I  ended up washing dinner dishes anyway and since Lisa knocked off I gave Johnnie his shower and tucked him in bed. 2nd time I'm doing that at Lisa's house in less than a week. I love you my Kid Bug (a change from Little Bug at Johnnie's request). I'll see you tomorrow. And I had to stop and think thoughts of gratitude for a very good day.




No comments:

Post a Comment